Each semester, hundreds of Bobcats, family, and friends gather at the Ring Celebration to celebrate achieving an academic milestone and receiving the most visible symbol of Bobcat Pride: The Official Texas State Ring.
Ring Celebration Quick List
- Order your Ring at Ring Days
- Attend the Ring Celebration
- Plunge your Ring in San Marcos River water
- Celebrate Your Achievement
The Official Ring
The Official Class Ring is reserved exclusively for currently-enrolled graduate students, degree-holding alumni, and undergraduate students who have completed 75 cumulative credit hours. The Ring Celebration is an event reserved exclusively for participation by Bobcats wearing the Official Class Ring, provided by Balfour.
- The top of the ring features the Texas “lone star” set upon an oak-and-laurel wreath. Around the crown of the ring are the words "Texas State University" and the founding date of 1899.
- The left side features our original campus building, Old Main, with inner tubes floating by on the beautiful San Marcos River.
- The right side features the fierce Bobcat athletic logo, designed in 2003 by student Brad Monk. Texas State adopted the Bobcat mascot in 1921.
- The school flower, the gaillardia, is engraved inside the ring. Also known as the Indian blanket, the gold and maroon flower is the source of Texas State’s school colors.
Getting Ready for the Ring Celebration
Due to large crowds, it's important for you and your guests to understand how the Ring Celebration works.
Don't forget to bring your printed out or mobile ticket along with a photo ID to check-in (student ID, driver's license, passport). Rings will only be distributed to ring recipients with proper photo ID. Your mobile tickets will be a PDF attachment in your confirmation email from EventBrite once you register for the event.
Be on Time
Students will only be permitted entry at their designated time slot, as verified by their printed or digital ticket. Early arrivals will be directed to return at their designated time.
There will be parking for Ring Celebration participants, and their guests at the University Events Center, which houses Strahan Arena, in parking lots C and D. Ring recipients and their guests must park in the designated Ring Celebration parking lots.
Please arrive at the start of your assigned 30-minute time slot. Once you park you will be directed to check-in.
Dress the Part
Show off your Bobcat Pride! Make sure to wear festive maroon and gold for thematic pictures capturing this exciting moment. As you make your way to the Ring Fountain to dip your ring, there will be multiple photo opportunities for you and your guests to take photos. We also encourage you and your guests to wear shoes that are comfortable for walking.
Bring your Squad
Ring recipients are welcome to bring guests to celebrate with them and participate in photo opportunities around the arena as you make your way around to the Ring Fountain. These guests may observe from the viewing area but will not escort recipients to the official fountain for the traditional ring plunge. Guests can watch the ring plunge from the guest viewing area.
Please consider how walking distances and large crowds will affect the health, safety, and comfort of your guests.
Take the Plunge
You will receive your ring and be recognized as you plunge your ring into the fountain of water from the San Marcos River. This plunge will connect you with the spirit and tradition the river has carried through this campus for more than 100 years. Family and friends are invited to view your plunge from the sidelines.
Share Your Achievement
Once you receive your ring and dip it in our official fountain, you and your guests can share your story with our alumni and fellow students using the hashtag #TXSTRingCelebration.