Galveston Alumni Social
Feb 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm CST
- This event has passed.
Join us for a special opportunity to gather with fellow Bobcats for an alumni social in Galveston. Daiquiri Time Out (DTO) owner Brad Stringer attended Texas State University, followed by his brother Brayden who played football for the Bobcats. DTO brings craft cocktails to Galveston with a focus on classics and creative seasonal menus utilizing unique homemade ingredients and boutique spirits.
Before you join us at DTO, we encourage you to explore Galveston. Here’s some ideas and resources to help plan your day:
- Celebrate Black History Month by exploring Galveston’s African American heritage throughout the city. Take the Freedom Walk Challenge to see historic buildings, monuments, and parks. Swing by the Galveston Island Visitor’s Center to pick up a special keepsake print of the Absolute Equality mural after you complete the walk.
- Step back in time by visiting historic sites like the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa, managed by the Galveston Historical Foundation where recent MFA graduate Will Wright ’22 is Chief Creative Officer.
- Gallery hop and shop downtown. Don’t miss Tangerine Boutique, owned by Bobcat Kim Cherryhomes.
- Check out the surf report and high-def webcams by Saltwater Recon, owned and operated by Bobcat Urs Schmidt ’08.
- Learn more at Visit Galveston, where Meg Winchester ’83 is Interim Chief Tourism Officer, and Bobcats Clayton Kolavo ’17 and Roger Velazquez ’20 work on the Marketing team.
Please note: We previously listed DTO as a 21+ venue. They now serve food and individuals under 21 are permitted until 9pm with appropriate supervision.
Daiquiri Time Out
2701 Market Street
Galveston, 77550 United States