Teaching Award of Honor Nomination Form
The Teaching Award of Honor is given annually to recognize, encourage, and reward superior Texas State classroom teachers. Texas State professor, lecturers, associate professors, assistant professors, and instructors are eligible. Current Texas State faculty and staff may submit nominations for this award. The award is presented at Faculty Awards Night and the recipient receives a certificate and a $1,500 monetary gift.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Excellence in instructional delivery and design
- Impact on student success
- Subject matter and competency
- Nomination form answering the questions below.
- Provide specific examples of how the nominee demonstrates passion and innovation in the classroom and ways in which he/she successfully engages students via unique teaching models or methods.
- Provide specific examples of the nominee’s success connecting with students, both inside and outside the classroom, and how he/she has had a positive impact on their students’ educational experience and achievement.
- Provide specific examples of the nominees’ competency in their respective core subject(s), including ways they have expanded their own knowledge and scope of study, unique research or creative activities they have completed that enhance students’ success in and outside of the classroom, and accolades or recognition they have received from students, peers, supervisors or professional organization.
- Current resume/CV of nominee
- Minimum of one (1), but no more than three (3), letters of support from non-family members specifically addressing the selection criteria.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations open April 3, 2023
- Nominations close April 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- Recipient is notified in late May 2023 or early June 2023
- Award is presented at Convocation in August 2023
The required documents must be received by the Office of Alumni Relations prior to the deadline of Friday, April 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM (CDT). Nomination packets must be completed at time of deadline.