LBJ Outstanding Senior Student Award
2023 LBJ Outstanding Senior Student
Bachelor of Science in Biology
As an undergraduate student, Amiya Ward participated in Texas State and San Marcos community events and services while pursuing her degree in Biology. As a Texas State Strutter, she introduced the philanthropy chair where she organized a toy drive, and blood drive back in 2020. Continuing her service, she serves as the elected president of University Ambassadors where she developed programs, meeting agendas, and campus tours for both employees and prospective students. In her role, she hosted a blood drive and collected over 75 donations.
Ward served as a committee member of Bobcat Build, the #1 service project on campus where she canvassed neighborhoods and recruited student organizations, faculty, and staff to work on the service project. She is community service chair for Black Student Alliance at Texas State where she organizes volunteering events and participated in committees for large campus events. She also was a member of Medical Explorers and now works as a Mental Health Associate at the San Marcos treatment center.
Aside from being voted Homecoming Queen by the student body in October 2022, Ward was an honoree of the 2023 Leadership Reception, recipient of the 2022 Presidential Volunteer Service Award and the 2022 LBJ Civic Leadership Award.
- Nominee must be classified as a senior at Texas State University and be a candidate for graduation at Texas State University in May of the year that the award is conferred or have graduated the previous August or December.
- Nominee must have completed at least sixty (60) credit hours at Texas State University.
- Nominee must have demonstrated outstanding leadership, character, campus and community involvement, and academic success at Texas State University.
- Nominee must be a person of such integrity, stature and demonstrated ability that the faculty, staff, students and alumni of the university will take pride in, and be inspired by, their recognition.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.