Denise M. Trauth Outstanding Leadership Award
Criteria for Consideration
- Exceptional leadership qualities and ability to lead in their role while demonstrating dedication to the campus community
- Ability to foster and embrace diversity and inclusiveness among students, faculty, and staff
- Honor and prestige through initiatives, motivation, and innovation to create positive and impactful change to Texas State University and the San Marcos and/or Round Rock community
- Groundbreaking discoveries in the future of academics and continues to further push boundaries in exploring research for the university
- Ability to integrate technological innovation to cultivate extraordinary learning opportunities for students
- Commitment to making significant contributions to enhance the student experience, academic programs, and student organizations at Texas State University
- Dedication, integrity, and selflessness while making a positive impact on the university
- Outstanding ability to engage and develop partnerships within the university and community
- Ethical behavior, compassion, respect, integrity, fairness to all university students and staff
- Nominee must meet award recipient criteria
- Nominee must be in good standing with the university
- Nominee can either be a full-time or part-time Texas State University employee, alumnus, or a supporter of the university
- Nominee must be able to attend the 2022 Distinguished Alumni Gala
2022 Denise M. Trauth Outstanding Leadership Award Recipient
Brian McCoy has demonstrated exceptional leadership within his company, McCoy Corporation, and the McCoy College Foundation at Texas State University. McCoy and his family have consistently given their time, talent, and treasure to McCoy College and Texas State University. He has served as President of the McCoy College Foundation board since 2012.
McCoy's leadership has led to remarkable growth in the foundation, which directly impacts the McCoy College of Bussiness. He and his wife, Wetonnah, have contributed in excess of $1 million to the foundation, and McCoy Corporation most recently gave $8 million to jump-start the new McCoy College Student Success Center.
McCoy and his company have made many positive contributions across campus, including fine arts, engineering, Bobcat Build, Distinguished Alumni Gala, and many more.