The Texas State Alumni Association Board of Directors is now accepting applications for individuals who are willing and able to serve on the Alumni Association Board of Directors as a Director-at-Large for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2015.
The application process is administered by the Alumni Association’s Leadership Development Committee. The Board of Directors is committed to achieving the goals and objectives as defined in the five-year Strategic Plan and has charged the Leadership Development Committee with the task of seeking a pool of applicants who collectively will be essential for the successful stewardship of this plan and who demonstrate experience and expertise in several Key Result Areas within the plan.
Applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Development Committee who will then prepare and present a slate of nominees to the current Board of Directors for consideration and approval 30 days prior to the last meeting of the calendar year. To be considered for a position, interested individuals should review the qualifications and areas of skills and experience noted below and then complete an application form and attach a copy of their most recent resume.
Application Forms are due by Monday, August 25, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (CST)
- Be a proud Texas State alumnus/na.
- Be accomplished in his or her chosen business, profession or life’s work.
- Be or become a lifetime member of the Alumni Association.
- Be a person of demonstrated ability, stature and integrity which will inspire and create pride within the campus community and with fellow alumni.
- Have demonstrated a continuing interest in Texas State through contributions of time, talent or monetary support for programs that benefit Texas State.
- Ability to become familiar with the financial structure and administrative processes of the Alumni Association.
- Ability to become familiar with basic fundraising principles and specifically, the fundraising goals and objectives of the Alumni Association and the University.
- Ability to attend four board meetings annually, serve on at least one committee and/or task force and attend alumni events both on and off campus as an advocate and ambassador for the Texas State Alumni Association.